The Irish Independent and Sunday Independent are giving readers the chance to win cash prizes worth up to €1 million to be won in a draw held twice a year and up to €50,000 in all other weekly draws! There are over 20,000 draw numbers to be won!
To take part, you must complete the entry form published in the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent from 30th December to 11th January and post it to: Prize Bonds Promotion, PO Box 11, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1. The opportunity to win commences on 11th December 2019 and will end on 10th December 2020.
Draw Numbers will not be sent out to successful entrants until late February 2020. If you are a Draw Number winner prior to you receiving your number, Independent News & Media PLC will email you to confirm. The Draw Number will be valid for 12 months, from 11th December 2019 and will end on 10th December 2020.
Closing date for receipt of entry is strictly 17th January 2020.
*Terms and conditions apply.
1. Eligibility - the offer is open to anyone 18 years of age and over except employees, or family members of such employees, Directors, Officers, or agents of An Post or the Prize Bond Company Limited or Independent News & Media PLC.
2. Promoter - the Promoter is Independent News & Media PLC having its registered office at Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1.
3. Official Entry Forms – are available in the Irish Independent and Sunday Independent from 30th December 2019 to 10th January 2020.
Only official entry forms will be accepted.
Only one name is permitted on the application form and any winnings will be allocated to the person named on the entry form.
Only one entry per person is permitted.
Photocopies of the entry form will not be accepted, or entry forms sent to any address other than that stated on the entry form or entry forms sent by fax or e-mail will not be entitled to participate in the promotion.
Incomplete, illegible or late applications will not be accepted. Entry forms on which more than one person’s name appears will not be accepted.
The offer is limited to the first 21,000 valid complete entries received before the closing date as provided in paragraph 4 below. In the event there is any over application of entries, the Promoter will accept the entries on a first come first served basis. No responsibility will be accepted and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of entries, whether the correspondence relates to claims of entry forms being lost or delayed in the course of delivery or otherwise.
Proof of postage will not be accepted as proof of receipt and entry forms will not be returned.
4. Closing Date and promotion address – Entry forms must be posted in an envelope addressed to: Independent Promotion, PO Box 11, Independent House, 27-32 Talbot St., Dublin 1, to arrive not later than 5pm on 17th January 2020.
5. Personal Information - The Promoter will hold the entrant’s personal information for the purposes of administering the promotion and, if the entrant has not opted out, for direct marketing of the promoter’s goods and services.
Entrants may be required to take part in promotional activities and the Promoter reserves the right to publish the entry, name, photograph and value of amounts paid to any entrants under this promotion.
6. The winnings from this Competition - In respect of each validly completed entry form (meeting all applicable requirements) that is received before the closing date (up to the limit of 21,000 entries), Independent Newspapers (Ireland) will hold ownership in the name of Independent News & Media PLC of a Draw Number for the 12 month period commencing 11th December 2019 and will end on 10th December 2020 and will maintain a register which connects the name of each entrant to that/those draw number(s). Such register is independent of, and completely separate from, the draw number register.
Independent Newspapers (Ireland) will notify the entrant of the relevant Draw number(s) connected to the entrant on the register maintained by Independent Newspapers (Ireland) but the Draw Number(s) are and will remain continuously in the ownership of Independent News & Media PLC.
The entrant will have no entitlement to the Draw Number(s), the principal thereof or the cash prizes (if any) won by that Draw Number(s).
If any of the Draw Number(s) held by Independent News & Media PLC win a cash prize in the weekly Draw Number draw in the 12 month period commencing 11th December 2019 and will end on 10th December 2020, then the promoter Independent News & Media PLC will pay to the entrant to whom that Draw Number is connected in the register maintained by Independent News & Media PLC an amount equal to the value of any such draw number winnings. Any payment made by Independent News & Media PLC to an entrant will be paid in the form of a crossed cheque and not to any nominee or assignee of an entrant. The promoter Independent News & Media PLC accepts no responsibility in the case of any disputes over the allocation of payments from this promotion.
7. Agreement - The agreement exists between the promoter, Independent News & Media PLC and the successful entrants. No agreement exists between the successful entrants and The Prize Bond Company Limited or the National Treasury Management Agency.
8. Tax Liability – Although such payment by the promoter Independent News & Media PLC to an entrant may be exempt from tax liability, in the event of any tax liability arising, the entrant will bear sole responsibility for all (if any) taxes payable. The promoter Independent News & Media PLC reserves the right to notify State authorities of the identity of an entrant who receives payment under this promotion.
9. Reserved Rights of the promoter - The Promoter Independent News & Media PLC reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant, to add to, amend or waive any rule without prior notice to the entrant and, in the event of circumstances beyond its control, to cancel the promotion at any stage.
10. Limits to the promoters’ liability -The Promoter Independent News & Media PLC accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the promotion or the payment to an entrant.
11. Governing Law - This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts. These terms and conditions do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
12. Terms and Conditions - By entering and participating in the promotion, entrants are deemed to have agreed to these terms and conditions. Any breach of these terms and conditions, as determined exclusively by the Promoter Independent News & Media PLC, will result in disqualification.