Old friends meet again at reunion
Calry Local History Society brought together past pupils from Dunally National School for one last reunion at the former school premises.
The school was built in 1885 on land donated by the Wynnes of Hazelwood and the stone was donated by the Parkes' of Dunally House. The school closed in 1989 and, along with Calry NS, was amalgamated into St Patrick's School, Calry.
Over 110 past pupils from all over Ireland and abroad (England, Germany, Kenya) attended the event on Saturday 26 August.
An exhibition of photos dating back to the 1920s and other items of memorabilia such as old school books, teaching aids, and roll books were on display. Former primary teachers who taught at the school were also present and received an award in recognition of their loyal contribution to the school community.
Old friendships were renewed, stories were exchanged, and a thoroughly enjoyable day was had in a relaxed atmosphere by all who attended. The school reunion was one of five events organised by Calry Local History Society during National Heritage Week 2017