Gaeltacht are through to face Crokes

County Senior Football League: Division One

It didn't quite end in the way people might have thought in advance as along with the scheduled League Final we will also have a play-off to decide the final side to be relegated.

The parameters at the top were known in advance. Dr Crokes would be in the decider and would also have home advantage, but the Killarney side finished the regular schedule with a complete 100% record as they found the back of the net six times in defeating Glenbeigh / Glencar on home turf.

The battle of the county's All-Ireland club champions didn't quite have the significance attached to it in advance, but Crokes sent out a timely warning to all about their intentions ahead of the championship renewal.

Bar Fionn Fitzgerald, they were pretty much at full strength with five goals in the first period giving them a lead of 5-10 to 1-6 at half-time. Tommy Cahill scored the visitors goal but injuries to Caoilm Teahan and Jack Brosnan will be of concern to Glenbeigh / Glencar ahead of the Mid Kerry Championship. 6-22 to 1-11 was the final scoreline in Crokes' favour as An Ghaeltacht will be their opponents in the decider.

The West Kerry side won the first of consecutive meetings with St Marys ahead of this weekend's Intermediate Championship semi-final between the two sides. Winning in Con Keating Park was more impressive for the victors as first-half goals from PJ Mac Laimh and Sean M Ó Conchúir gave them a half-time lead of 2-9 to 0-5. The hosts were more effective in the second period, Bryan Sheehan scoring six points, but they went down by 2-13 to 0-15 in the end.

The result had two effects not only in ending Rathmore's hopes of making the League Final, but also meaning that St Marys will have to play-off with Milltown / Castlemaine at a later date to see who joins Austin Stacks and Castleisland Desmonds in Division 2 next year.

The Mid Kerry side won their way into the play-off with a 2-14 to 0-14 win away to John Mitchels, while Rathmore ensured Austin Stacks' last game in the top flight for the present time ended in defeat at 1-16 to 2-10.

Templenoe and Dingle both finished on 13 points in the table meanwhile, the Kenmare District side getting the better of Kerins O'Rahillys once more as Dingle ensured Castleisland Desmonds ended a wretched campaign with no points from their 11 games.

Strand Road had led Templenoe by 0-7 to 0-6 at half-time, but a Brian Crowley goal turned the game in the visitors favour as Danny Cahalane followed with a second to put them in a commanding position.

O'Rahillys battled late on with goals from Gearóid Savage and Barry John Keane, but Templenoe had done enough to ensure a 2-14 to 2-12 victory.

Dingle, meanwhile, scored two first-half goals to give them control of their trip to Castleisland. Michéal Slattery scored their first as Graham O'Connor missed a penalty for Desmonds prior to Cian O'Connor scoring their first point.

Cathal Bambury scored Dingle's second goal in giving them a lead of 2-9 to 0-4 with Conor and Paul Geaney combining for five of their second-half points in winning out by 2-18 to 0-10.

Desmonds' three year run in the top flight is officially over as Austin Stacks will play in Division 2 for the first time since 2010 next year.