Dromid and Templenoe out in front

Ardfert's Trevor Wallace and St Mary's Shane Horgan chase the ball in Ardfert on Sunday.	Photo by Eye Focus Ltd
Ardfert's Trevor Wallace and St Mary's Shane Horgan chase the ball in Ardfert on Sunday. Photo by Eye Focus Ltd
Jonathan Best wins this ball for Ardfert over Ian Casey, St Marys, in their Division 3 match

Jason O'Connor

DROMID Pearses and Templenoe lead the way at the top after two rounds and the former is probably the more surprising one of the two.

Dromid Pearses 0-13

Scartaglin 0-10

DROMID won a maroon and white battle with Scartaglin on home turf with Declan O'Sullivan's availability a big bonus in a 0-13 to 0-10 win. Kevin O Se could have goaled for the hosts but they still took an early 0-7 to 0-3 lead although Scart would be level at the break thanks to two frees from Daniel Murphy alongside points from Mike Coakley and Pa Rahilly. Mike Fitzgerald's black card proved detrimental to the visitors however as four points on the day for Chris Farley, a hat-trick for O'Sullivan and a late point from Gearoid O'Sullivan were crucial in Dromid's three point win.

Annascaul 1-8

Templenoe 1-12

Templenoe claimed another big win over a side who were playing Division Two Football last year as this time they won away from home in Annascaul. Brian Crowley, Cian Hallissey, Patrick Palmer, Kieran McCarthy and Sean Sheehan helped their side to an 0-8 to 0-3 lead at the break before a James Crean goal reignited the home side. Three points from Jason Hickson put Annascaul in front for the first time and even though Templenoe went 17 minutes without a score they still came good in the final stages of the game. John Rice's goal was crucial in giving them a 1-12 to 1-8 win with Brian Crowley putting in a Man-of-the-Match display.

Ballymacelligott 2-8

Keel 0-9

Two first half goals were the key to Ballymac defeating Keel on home turf by seven points. A Padraig McCarthy goal after five minutes gave the hosts a perfect start and Luke Sweeney completed a decent 30 minutes with their second before the break to put them 2-5 to 0-3 in front. James Nagle and Martin Burke were Keel's only point scorers in the first period and while Nagle and Mike O'Connor did manage to bring them within five, they needed Stephen Cahillane to make a fine save from Aiden Breen to prevent the final scoreline from being a lot worse than 2-9 to 0-8.

Ardfert 0-8

St Mary's 1-8

St Marys had a tight 1-8 to 0-8 win away to Ardfert with Daniel Daly's second-half goal the deciding factor in the match. The St Brendans side shaded a tight first half by 0-4 to 0-3 thanks to a point from Mike Moloney and despite Damian and Darren Wallace's best efforts, two points from Sean Cournane and a point from Daly to follow his goal were crucial in the South Kerry side. A '45' from Mairtin Ferris and a point from Daithi Griffin could not prevent a three point defeat for the hosts.

Brosna 0-12

Lispole 0-5

The advantage of the breeze in the second period proved crucial for Brosna in their 0-12 to 0-5 win over Lispole meanwhile as they restricted the West Kerry side to just one point after half-time. Declan O'Sullivan and Tom Kavanagh gave the visitors the early advantage but even though Shane Curtin missed out on a goal, Tom McGoldrick, Timmy Finnegan and Don McAuliffe helped the home side to an 0-8 to 0-4 interval lead. Ciaran O'Sullivan scored Lispole's only point in the second-half as Aaron Cahill excelled in defence for Brosna.

An Ghaeltacht 0-7

Glenflesk 0-9

The final match saw Glenflesk pick up a big win out in Gallarus against An Ghaeltacht. Glenflesk were full value for their 0-9 to 0-7 lead after leading by 0-6 to 0-4 at the break. Tomas Mac an tSaoir had to make two tremendous saves to keep An Ghaeltacht within reach and they could well have stolen the match had Aodhan MacGearailt late attempt at a goal not gone wide of the posts.