Beale, Na Gaeil and Beaufort set early pace in Four

Jason O'Connor

THREE sides have maintained 100% records following the first two rounds with Beale, Na Gaeil and Beaufort all sitting in the top three at present.

Beale 4-14

Firies 0-7

Beale were the most impressive at the weekend, trouncing East Kerry side Firies by 21 points on home turf. A 2-9 to 0-2 advantage at the break was the platform for the home side's win and while the visitors might have been able to put some more respectability on the scoreboard if not for the woodwork and some good goalkeeping on the day, there was no denying the home side their 4-14 to 0-5 win. Ger O'Gorman, Jeremy King and Declan Bambury were the stars for the hosts as William Courtney, Daniel O'Shea and James O'Donoghue did their best for the visitors.

Knocknagoshel 1-9

Na Gaeil 1-13

Na Gaeil had to work harder in the second half of their 1-13 to 1-9 victory over Knocknagoshel, having led the hosts by 0-6 to 0-1 at the break courtesy of five Darragh Carmody points. Carmody scored the Tralee side's goal in the second period but this was quickly responded to with a fisted goal from Kieran Downey for Knocknagoshel. James and Edmund Walsh tried hard to trigger a comeback but points from Jamie Lohan, David Culloty and Mike Griffin were enough to give Na Gaeil a four point win.

Ballylongford 0-12

Beaufort 0-14

Beaufort had the narrowest win of three, shading a tight contest with Ballylongford by two points in the finish. Ronan Murphy and Francis Courtney (pictured) were instrumental in giving the Mid Kerry side a 0-7 to 0-6 lead at the break and although Kieran Mulvihill had the home side right in the contest throughout the second half, a failure to score in the last 10 minutes proved costly for Ballylongford. Both Murphy and James Coffey put over the winning scores for Beaufort in a 0-14 to 0-12 win.

Ballyduff 1-8

Churchill 4-11

Churchill also bounced back well from an opening day defeat putting four goals past Ballyduff in a 14-point win that saw the North Kerry side have to make do without their Kerry hurling contingent once more. They were well in the game in the first half however as Kevin O'Connor's penalty saw them level with the St Brendans side at the break by 1-4 to 0-7. Two goals from Michael O'Brien, Ivan Parker and Killian Fitzgerald turned the game around in the second period however as all of Churchill's scores on the day came from play in a 4-10 to 1-8 win.

Cordal 3-11

Fossa 3-7

This was a six goal affair between East Kerry sides Cordal and Fossa as second half goals from Niall O Ciardubhain and Philip O'Connor were crucial in giving Cordal a four-point win. Fossa got the game's opening score but their opponents hit back with 1-7 without reply. The teams would be level at half-time however after a black card was issued to Cordal from which a penalty was also awarded. Sean Og O Ciardubhain saved Lorcan Daly's spot-kick but Chris Myers was on hand to tap in the rebound meaning the teams were level at 2-4 to 1-7 at the break. Niall O Ciardubhain's goal was responded to with another penalty for Daly from which he scored from on this occasion. Crucially Fossa finished the game with 14 men though as Cordal finished the stronger and O'Connor's goal ensured a 3-11 to 3-7 win.

Castlegregory 2-12

Cromane 0-9

Castlegregory picked up their first win of the campaign with a 2-12 to 0-9 win over Cromane that wasn't as comfortable as the scoreline might suggest. Alan Fitzgerald scored six points to give the West Kerry side a 0-9 to 0-4 lead at the break. Two points from Sean and another from Paul O'Sullivan had the margin down to two for Cromane however before Anton Kelliher scored the game's first goal to give them a bit of daylight. Fitzgerald finished off with a goal himself but Shane Kenny had to prevent a goal for the Mid Kerry side prior to the final whistle.


Promoted Links

Promoted Links