| 13°C Dublin

Temp Head - NA FIANNA and St Vincent

NA FIANNA and St Vincent's advanced to the final of the Dublin U16 'A' Hurling Championship following respective semi-final away wins over Kilmacud Crokes and Naomh Mearnóg last Saturday afternoon.

The victories for both sides will ensure a repeat of last year's U15 decider in which Na Fianna eventually prevailed after extra-time and a similarly tight affair is expected at the end of the month, given their dominant displays at the weekend.



At Silver Park, Na Fianna pulled clear in the final 20 minutes to register an emphatic 4-18 to 1-12 win over Kilmacud, as they outscored their opponents by 3-7 to 0-3 during that period.

Central to their win were the defensive displays of Mark Sewell, Pádraig Buggy and Peter Feeney, with the latter scoring a crucial goal to add to another from Gavin King.

Crokes were hampered by a first minute injury suffered by Cathal Keane but they remained in contention thanks to the efforts of full-back Mark O'Rourke, Eoin Sheehy, Tom Fox at midfield, Alex Considine and Fergal Whiteley with Stephen O'Dywer's goal early in the second-half helping restore parity.

However, the visitors raised their game from that point and with James Kenny impressing at centrefield, they cut loose with Matthew Oliver leading the way while Colm Currie ended up with a personal tally of 2-4.

In Portmarnock, St Vincent's proved far too strong for Naomh Mearnóg with their midfield pairing of Seán McCaw and Dillon Kirwan instrumental in their comfortable 5-20 to 1-9 success.



Daragh Quinn's move from wing-back to centre-back also worked in Vinnies' favour in a dominant defensive display that saw Mark Colfer to the fore as the visitors opened up an early advantage.

Little worked for the hosts over the hour but full-back Mark Phelan, Seán O'Donovan, Cian Hendricken and Ross Hayden all featured prominently while Killian O'Driscoll grabbed their solitary goal of the game.

It proved insufficient however as with Oisín Lanigan registering nine points, the Marino lads secured their final berth with two goals by William Maloney with the other three scored by Mark Dunleavy, Mark O'Keeffe and Conor Burke.