SÉAMUS is not for sale - that's the message from Everton boss Roberto Martinez in response to fresh reports of a £20million bid by Manchester United for Séamus Coleman.
With just one win in 11 games Everton have their problems on the park but off the field there were concerns among supporters that the club could be forced into a sale of star men Coleman and Samuel Eto'o before the transfer window closes at the end of the month.
But Martinez last night ruled out a move away for the Irish full back who has been valued at between £15m and £20m.
"I have said before that we are in a position where all that matters is to get good momentum in the league and be as strong as we can in the cups," says the Toffees boss.
"We are not entertaining that speculation of big sales. We are not going to sell our big assets in the window, so I think all those stories and admiration from the outside are just a waste of time."
Everton are in the market for a goalkeeper this month and they had been linked with a move for Ireland man Keiren Westwood, who is on top form with Sheffield Wednesday, but the Championship outfit insist that Westwood is not for sale. "We want to take the club forward and without Keiren it would be very difficult," says Wednesday owner Milan Mandaric.