| 12.2°C Dublin

MK Dons delight in holding the Latics

MK Dons boss Karl Robinson was full of pride for his players as they held FA Cup holders Wigan to a draw in their third-round clash at the DW Stadium on Saturday.

Wigan, who memorably beat Manchester City in last year's final before being relegated from the Premier League, had twice led in the game before their League One opponents hit back to take the tie to a replay.

Robinson, whose side currently sit 11th in the third tier, praised his players as they reached the fourth-round draw once again.

He said: "The whole team were magnificent and I think they showed everybody in the stadium how much quality they do possess."

Wigan boss Uwe Rosler was less happy with his side, who had gone 2-0 up courtesy of goals from Roger Espinoza and Jordi Gomez. A Ben Reeves brace brought the visitors level before Callum McManaman put the holders back in front, with Rosler upset that Partick Bamford was able to score a late equaliser.

Ipswich and Preston will face each other again at Deepdale after their tie finished 1-1, while the same scoreline between Bristol City and Watford means they will also contest a replay.

League Two Macclesfield will be in the fourth-round draw for the third successive year after holding Sheffield Wednesday 1-1.

League One bottom side Stevenage produced an upset to win 3-2 at Doncaster, with manager Graham Westley hoping his side can take that sort of form in to their survival bid. "We came here with the right spirit," he said.

"We've got to make sure we carry that forward into the league now and get points on the board before round four."

Rochdale also caused an upset as they deservedly beat Leeds 2-0 to progress while Peterborough were held to a goalless draw at Kidderminster.

Bolton and Brighton advanced after wins over Championship rivals Blackpool and Reading respectively, as Huddersfield came from behind to avoid an upset with a 3-2 win at Grimsby.

Leon Clarke scored a late winner as Coventry won 2-1 at Barnsley, Yeovil beat Leyton Orient 4-0 and Millwall lost 4-1 at Southend after their game had been delayed due to a floodlight failure during the first half.