| 6.5°C Dublin

Shane leads model 'ford

New Oak Boys........................4

Stretford United...................4

Missed chances by champions New Oak saw them share the points in a typical derby in the Carlow People Premier.

Stretford were first out of the blocks and scored after six minutes when the Boys 'keeper, Dale Kearney, made a bad clearance with the ball falling to Gary Powell who, with great vision, lobbed the retreating Kearney from 30 yards.

However, United had the impetus and from what was the best move of the game, Damian Farrell passed to Barry McDaniels in midfield who crossed to Patrick Dooley on the wing and in turn he crossed in for Shane Farrell to finish on 20 minutes.

That was the wake-up call New Oak needed. Liam Murphy, on the right, broke the offside trap and crossed to Paul Broderick to finish.

Then in full flight, New Oak got the equaliser on 27 minutes as Broderick crossed for Seamie Doran to head home powerfully.

New Oak had a much better start than in the first half and following great work, Brian Carberry shook off three defenders to take the ball to the by-line, pulled it back for Broderick to have an easy tap-in and give his side lead for the first time in the game.

Then the Boys had a number of misses chances, two of note. First Carberry blasted the ball over from five yards and when Doran was fouled in the box United 'keeper Jeff Moran got a leg to the penalty, the rebound falling to Doran who blasted over from close range.

United must have got an uplift from the Boys mistakes and got back into the game with Kieran Dollard and McDaniels beginning to control the midfield sector. On 60 minutes, Dollard passed the ball to McDaniels who with a low hard shot secured the equaliser at 3-3.

However, New Oak were always quick on the break and from such a move Broderick ran at the United defenders to rifle home a shot for a 4-3 lead on 69 minutes.

United never gave up the chase and with eight minutes left on the clock, from a Gary Powell free-kick, Boys 'keeper, Dale Kearney came off his line to try and punch the ball to safety, however Shane Farrell back kicked the ball into an empty net for the equaliser.