| 0.9°C Dublin

kelly cracker lifts hanover

Hanover Harps .......................3

Kilree Celtic........................... 1

Positions remain unchanged on the Premier table, however Kilree gave Hanover strong opposition in preparation for their LFA cup encounter next Sunday.

Hanover started the stronger and were two goals up in the first ten minutes.

Their opening goal came on four minutes, Eric Robinson finished an Alan Shaw twenty yard free kick to the Celtic net. Five minutes later, they double their advantage with a goal you would be proud to see on Match of the Day.

The ball dropped to Mark Kelly on the edge of the box, with his back to goal, he coolly controlled it beautifully, turned, looked up and volleyed home past Pa Coady in the Celtic goal.

Harps continued to create chances, Mark Kelly went one on one with Coady but sent his shot to the side net and on 26 minutes Coady made a good save for Kilree before Alan Shaw saw his ten yard volley go over. The remainder of the half was mainly a mid-field battle.

Early in the second half Celtic's Blain Dwyer put John Monaghan through on the wing, he took it to the byline and shot but the Hanover 'keeper, Robbie Moore made a good save.

Chances were now being created at either end, Coady made another good save for Celtic this time from the boot of Phil Neenan for Harps and also from Mark Kelly. On 58 minutes, Kilree's Ger Cullen put Brian Darcy through but he shot wide.

Then on 67 minutes from a direct free kick, Brian Darcy reduced Celtic's arrears. Back came Hanover with the pressure, unfortunately for them they were off target until 86 minutes when Neenan produced a piece of magic play to set up the ball for John Jones to finish for a 3-1 lead. On the stroke of the final whistle Celtic had one last chance when Eddie Tobin from twenty yards hit the cross bar.

Eric Robinson, Alan O'Brien, Phil Neenan and 'keeper Robbie Moore shone for Hanover Harps. Best players for Kilree Celtic were Mick Salter, Martin Coady and Ger Cullen.