| 10.3°C Dublin

Byrne and Kellys keep Bhoys on Bishop track

ST. PETER'S BHOYS A moved a step closer in their attempt to win their fourth Charlie Bishop Cup in the past five years by reaching the semi- finals stages.

The finalists for the past four seasons proved too good for BBK United last Sunday week and ran out 3-1 winners in their quarter-final tie.

Shane Byrne's effort was added to by the Kelly siblings of Jamie and Justin at Brittas Park with Willy Sinnott grabbing the Division 2 hosts goal.

Arklow 'Bs' produce sting for fancied Glenview

Meanwhile, there was a big surprise as highly fancied Glenview FC A went down to Arklow Town B.

Matthew Hudson grabbed the winner for the Division 1 side in the 3-2 success at Bridgewater Centre Park.

Paul Byrne and Mick Byrne had earlier netted for the 'Town with Robbie Healy and Leon Gallagher replying for the Premier outfit.

Red Mist descends as

Newtown topple Celts

There was controversy at the Temple Sportsfield in Bray as no less than FIVE players were sent off as Newtown United A edged out Wolfe Tone Celtic 5-4 after extra time.

'Celtic led 2-0 and 3-2 in normal time, as well as 4-3 in the first period of extra time. But having four players red carded cost them.

Goals by Adam Devlin, Kieran Conway and former Bray Wanderers/Shamrock Rovers man Robbie Manley and an OG wasn't enough to stop the Magpies bid to claim four major trophies this season.

Ross Odlum notched a treble for United with Neil Martin and Cathal McNicholas also on the mark.

St. Patrick's A complete the last-four line-up.

That's after they overcame Fairwood Celtic 5-3 at Dunne's Field. Johnny Arthur continued his remarkable scoring record this season by netting three more for the Saint's. Niall Devereux and James Murray were also on the mark for the Avoca club.

Stephen Nolan (2) and Paul O'Keeffe claimed the goals for the Division 3 home side.

St Kevin's stun Fassaroe YC

THERE WAS A SURPRISE in the last eight of the Thomas Scott Cup as relegation threatened St. Kevin's defeated promotion chasing Fassaroe Youth Club 2-0.

Without a league win in Division 2 so far this season in nine games, the Laragh men ripped up the form book last Sunday week when Liam McEvoy bagged both goals at the Little Bray Community Centre.

It means they join Seaview Wanderers in the last four. Avonmore FC are still to entertain BBK United at Pat O'Toole Park in

the Quarter Finals while Newtown United are still to face Roundwood FC also in the last eight at the Matt Kelly Memorial Grounds.

Rovers end YC's unbeaten run

THE LAST UNBEATEN league record in the four adult sections of the Wicklow League fell by the wayside last week as Enniskerry Youth Club suffered their first Pat O'Toole Division 1 loss.

With 31 points from their first 11 fixtures, Enniskerry have set the pace all season long.

But they succumbed to Wicklow Rovers last Sunday week by as 4-2 score-line at Whitegates.

David Rowan led the way for Rovers with a brace while both Aidan

O'Neill and Conor Tobin registered singles.

Colm McGovern and Alan King hit back for the 'Youth Club who will be promoted back to the top flight if they win three of their remaining six games.