Former England manager Sam Allardyce has reiterated his willingness to speak to Everton about their current vacancy but denied having already discussed the matter with major shareholder Farhad Moshiri.
Reports yesterday claimed Everton's Iranian billionaire had already made contact with the former Bolton, Sunderland and West Ham boss.
And while Allardyce said he had not had talks with Moshiri, he was open to an approach.
Asked what the situation was with potential contact from Everton, Allardyce, who last week said he would "consider" taking a call from the Toffees, told talkSPORT: "Nothing, at the minute.
"It's like everything else, if someone comes calling there is the opportunity to speak, there's no doubt about that."
When Allardyce, who is currently planning to attend a League Managers' Association masterclass at St Andrews in Scotland this week, was asked whether any contact had been made by Moshiri he replied: "No. No. No."
It has been suggested Everton were looking for Allardyce, who reportedly wants former Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare as his assistant, to sign a short-term deal until the end of the season.
However, it's understood that the club is looking for a longer-term solution as part of the ambitious project being put together by Moshiri, which includes the building of a new stadium on Bramley-Moore Dock on Liverpool's waterside.
Everton's under-23 coach David Unsworth remains in temporary charge of the first team and the plan is for him to continue to take coaching during the international break.
The former Toffees defender was effectively given a four-match audition for the job after Ronald Koeman's sacking, but his performance has been underwhelming.
He lost his first three games, which including a premature exit from the Europa League, but enjoyed a dramatic 3-2 win over Watford on Sunday to lift the club out of the relegation zone.
Despite that Everton are in no rush to appoint their next permanent manager and it could be next week before there is any movement on that front.