| 5.8°C Dublin

rovers on treble time

ARKLOW UNITED A .....................1

WICKLOW ROVERS ..................4

Two down, one to go. Having already beaten Arklow in the WDSL U15 Premier Division Shield decider at the start of May, Wicklow repeated that feat on Friday May 17 at Ferndale Park to lift the Premier Division Cup.

In what was the fifth match between the teams this season, Colin O'Toole gave Rovers the perfect start with a goal in the first minute.

But after Cormac O'Shea was fouled on the quarter hour, Arklow's Zac Kilbride missed the resulting penalty.

Then right on the stroke of half-time, Quinn bagged his second by beating the offside to find the net.

The goal that virtually decided the match came after disputed possession off a free-kick.

Eoin McAulay picked out Quinn who found the net with a great 25-yard finish.

Arklow pulled one back 10 minutes from the end. O'Shea swung over a corner and Cathal Kelleher headed in following a goal-mouth scramble.

But Quinn had the final say soon after as he bent a stunning free-kick into the top corner of the net.

ASHFORD ROVERS.................. 4

ARKLOW UNITED.................... 1

Ashford completed stage one of a possible treble as they laid claim to the WDSL U12 Division 2 Cup.

Niall Gaffney's first-half double laid the platform for success on Friday May 17 at Ballinalea Park.

e broke the dead-lock after being sent clear by Cian Marah. Then doubled that lead with Ryan Turner the provider.

Ashford made it 3-0 straight from the tip-off for the second half. From David Eivors' ball, Turner found the top corner with a brilliant finish.

They secured victory in a team move Dylan O'Connor, Turner and Rob Mitchell before Gaffney cross for Tommy Quinn to score.

United pulled one back before the end for United late on with Dean Kavanagh poking over the line.

The two teams are due to meet again in the U12 Division 2 Shield final on Friday May 31 at Ferndale Park.

ARKLOW TOWN A ...................4

WICKLOW ROVERS A............... 2

Two goals in each half gave Arklow the platform to win the WDSL Under 11 Premier Division Cup.

The match on Sunday May 12 was moved to the all-weather surface of Ferndale Park in Arklow United's home venue after the Bog Meadow pitch in Enniskerry was deemed unplayable.

Brandon Donnelly broke the dead-lock with a low drive that found the net. But a swift counter-attack saw the Division 1 League champions equalised through Frankie Reynolds.

Just before break, the 'Town went back in front. Niall Delahunt let fly with a shot through a cluster of players

They made it 3-1 midway through the second period as Donnelly's cross was finished off by Diarmuid McDonald.

Jack Kavanagh's crisp effort to the roof of the net sealed victory before Scott Sheridan pulled one back for Rovers.