Willie Mullins had eight runners. Five won, the others were second, third and fourth.
- Golden Silver has now won nine times, all with Paul Townend and over €500,000 in prize money.
- The winning prices of the Willie Mullins trained winners were 3/1, 9/2, 13/8, 2/1 and 9/2 respectively. Almost a 952/1 accumulator.
- Paul Townend started the day five off the lead in the Irish jockeys' championship. He now trails Paul Carberry and Andrew McNamara by one on 54.
- Willie Mullins is now 14 winners clear of Gordon Elliott in a bid to retain his trainers championship.
- 25 people were used to take up the frost covers from the track at Punchestown in three and a half hours on Sunday morning. -5 was as low as they were subjected to on Friday night.
- The crowd was over 3,500 despite Baltic temperatures, local club Ballymore being in Leinster Club Championship action and Kildare being in the O'Byrne Cup final.
- It was the first time the racecourse had the reigning Champion Chaser and Arkle winner from Cheltenham going head to head. Neither won as Golden Silver triumphed.
- A presentation was made by the racecourse to the soon to be retired Damien McElroy of the Irish Independent for his service to racing.