| 12.5°C Dublin

Fianna fire early to kill off Ravens

Na Fianna 3-12; Fingal Ravens 0-6

Two first-half goals sent Na Fianna on their way to a comprehensive victory over Fingal Ravens in Garristown.

Raven's work-rate could not be questioned over the night but they trailed to early points from Paddy Quinn (2), David Quinn and Senan Coughlan. On 17 minutes, Na Fianna struck their first goal through Brian Downes before further goals from David Quinn and Adam Caffrey.

Scorers -- Na Fianna: P Quinn 0-4 (3f), D Quinn, B Downes 1-2 each, A Caffrey 1-1, D Coughlan, S Connell, K Duignan 0-1 each. Fingal Ravens: D Keogh, C Prendeville, Darren Daly, N Tormey, D Kavanagh, Derek Daly 0-1 each.

Na Fianna: C Kelleher; N McGovern, R Breen, J Kelly; F Aughney, J Cooper, E Connolly; J McGuirk, N Cooper; A Caffrey, P Quinn, S Coughlan; B Downes, K Duignan, D Quinn. Sub: S Connell for Duignan (56).

Fingal Ravens: D Mitchell; R Glynn, M Lambe, B Caufield; D Keogh, C Prendiville, R Norton; Darren Daly, M Flanagan; J Morris, C Norton, K McDonagh; N Tormey, D Kavanagh, Derek Daly. Subs: R McCarthy for Derek Daly (44), Damien Flanagan for Tormey (44), N Duffy for Morris (55), Nigel Duffy for Morris (55), S McDonagh for K McDonagh (60).

Referee: G Owen McMahon (Kilmacud Crokes).

Pat's sweep aside Mark's

St Pat's, Palmerstown 0-22; St Mark's 1-6

With a mammoth 11 different scorers, St Pat's Palmerstown swept past the first-round challenge of St Mark's.

Midfield twin towers Peter Keaney and Damian Farren were particularly forceful, taking clean catches from kick-outs to pin the Tallaght club in their 40.

Colm Driver and Jim Kelly scored the pick of the first-half scores en route to a 0-9 to 0-2 interval lead. Aidan Glennon took up the reins in the second half with four scores of his own while the entire half-back line also weighed in with just three points coming from frees.

Scorers -- St Pat's: A Glennon (2f) J Kelly (1f) 0-4 each, C Driver, G Kelly 0-3 each, B Carson 0-2, D Rushe, P Keaney, D Farren, F Maher, L Dunne, G Dunne 0-1 each. St Mark's: D Daley 1-0, D Cairns 0-3 (3f), S Galvin, M O'Meara (f), R Farrell 0-1 each.

St Pat's, Palmerstown: C McHugh; P McDermott, D Gallagher, G Dunne; L Dunne, B Carson, F Maher; D Farren, P Keaney; A Glennon, C Driver, J Kelly; G Kelly, J McDermott, B Gilbert. Subs: D Rushe for J McDermott (40); David O'Hanlon for Glennon (52); Glennon for Farren (58).

St Mark's: M Kavanagh; S Newman, K Brierton, T Adderley; G Whelan, F Morris, G Browne; S Tynan, J Bell; R Kenny, S Galvin, P Murphy; D Daley, M O'Meara, D Cairns. Subs: C McInerney for Bell (22); R Farrell for Kenny (38); J Cannon for Cairns (46); D Fitzpatrick for F Morris (53); A Morris for Galvin (53).

Referee: John Fagan (Erin's Isle).