A PARNELL'S Pearl – Dublin v Limerick in last Saturday's All-Ireland Minor A Championship at Coolock.
Limerick won, 0-9 to 0-6. The Dubs were expecting a test. They got it. Limerick had already beaten Offaly.
Dublin had overcome Cork. They strove hard for openings, but Limerick defended well.
So did Dublin. Chances were as hard to secure as tickets for Garth Brooks. The visitors had aces in captain, Caoimhe Costello and Caoimhe Lyons.
Limerick began sharply with the wind. They led 0-6 to 0-3 at the turn. The Blues levelled it at 0-6, but Limerick had enough about them to see it through.
Orla Beagan was Dublin's top teller, while Dublin goalie, Faye McCarthy, stood tall at the hall door.
Dublin are still well in the frame for a semi-final place. And they'll now face Offaly next weekend in a repeat of last season's Leinster final which saw the Dubs prevail.
* "We are Dublin" adult leagues start on Tuesday, 1 April and Thursday 3 April. Fixtures take place as follows Tuesdays Senior 1, 2, 6 and 7 Thursdays Senior 3, 4 and 5 will continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays as per fixtures schedule. League fixtures will issue to all clubs via county secretary on Tuesday night, 18 March.
* Well done to the players and management of our senior team who put in a brilliant performance when drawing with Tipperary in the Irish Daily Star Camogie League Div 1 game at Trinity Gaels on Sunday. Dublin 1-15 Tipperary 4-6. Unlucky not to win. Our thanks to Geraldine and her team in Trinity Gaels for hosting this game and providing much appreciated refreshments.
* Congratulations to our Premier Juniors who defeated Westmeath 1-7 to 0-1 in Camogie League Div 3 game on Sunday 16 March in Cusack Park, Mullingar and tough luck on our Junior A team whose long journey to Tralee ended in defeat by Kerry in the Camogie League Div 4 tie on Sunday 16 March. Dublin 1-5 Kerry 3-9.
* Both our Minor teams tasted defeat at the weekend in the All Ireland series: Minor A's – Dublin 0-6 v Limerick 0-9 Saturday 15 March at Parnells; Minor Bs Dublin 2-6 v Waterford 2-11 Sunday 16th March at Craobh Chiarain.
* In the Leinster championship the under 16A lost to Offaly 0-5 Offaly 3-9 on Sunday 16 March in Rath, Co Offaly while the under 16 B's defeated Laois 5-9 v Laois 1-2 on Saturday 15 March at Craobh Chiarain. Previous results in this competition ensures that Dublin and Offaly meet again, this time in the Leinster Minor A championship final on 26 April.
Under 16B's are also through to the semi-final stage.
* Well done to St Joseph's Lucan who won the 2nd defeating Junior Joseph's Tulla 3-06 to 2-07. Best of luck to Maryfield, Dublin in the Senior C replay v St Josephs Doon in Shanahoe, Abbeyleix at 1pm on Wednesday 19th.