Rebecca Nelson entertained at Powerscourt Townhouse Centre
- POWERSCOURT Townhouse Centre played host to international soprano Rebecca Nelson when she provided entertainment throughout the afternoon in support of Senior Citizens Day.
The stunning 22-year-old from New Zealand performed a selection of songs including Holy Night, Hallelujah, Angel, Ave Maria and If I loved You in order to get shoppers in the Christmas mood.
Powerscourt Townhouse Centre also hosted a grand tour during the morning and afternoon, opening the entire Centre for the first time in years.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of the opening of Christmas panto Aladdin, which kicks off at the Gaiety theatre tomorrow night from 6.30pm. Fans young and old are expected to flock to the city centre theatre in order to see Boyzone's Mikey Graham take to the stage alongside Richie Hayes, Michael Grennell, Garry Mountaine, Fra Fee, Una Pedreschi, Liam Butler and Brittany Woodrow. The show is to be produced by John Costigan and directed by Daryn Crosbie.
- IRISH fashion designer Peter O'Brien and Xpose's Glenda Gilson, together with Carmel Breheny from Marks & Spencer, teamed up this morning to launch the Persil Fashion Awards 2011 Red Alert at M&S on Grafton Street.
Currently in its 12th year, the awards event is the largest fashion design competition in Ireland and offers a first prize of €10,000.
Persil's Red Alert brief requires students to design in red, machine-washable fabric.
- X FACTOR contestant Wagner has just been confirmed to perform at the Wright Venue on Thursday, December 23.
The Brazilian-born singer will headline the All Ages X Factor concert with Q102's Ray Shah and other special guests, and will also take part in a meet and greet with fans. Fellow X Factor star Paije is also due to make his debut at the club on Thursday, December 16.
Tickets are now on sale at Ticketmaster outlets nationwide priced at €15 plus booking fee.
- JEWELLERY designer Jade Jagger has had to cancel a planned visit to the capital city this Thursday night due to the inclement weather.
The gorgeous former model had been due to jet into town to host an exclusive 3 iPhone Christmas Party at Marks & Spencer's Rooftop Restaurant on Grafton Street. But organisers have now decided to postpone the event until the New Year.