| 3.8°C Dublin

Tragic Keane to be laid to rest as chief suspects in killing hide out in Spain


Keane Mulready-Woods (17) was murdered and dismembered

Keane Mulready-Woods (17) was murdered and dismembered

Keane Mulready-Woods (17) was murdered and dismembered

The funeral of Keane Mulready-Woods will take place this week despite his torso still not being recovered.

The 17-year-old was murdered and dismembered last month as part of an ongoing feud involving two Drogheda gangs.

Partial remains including his limbs were recovered in a bag in Moatview Gardens in Coolock on January 15.

Two days later his head was found in the boot of a burnt-out car at Trinity Terrace near Ballybough.

Investigations into the teenager's murder are ongoing and searches have also been carried out to locate the remaining body parts.


His funeral will take place on Thursday in the Holy Family Church, Ballsgrove, Drogheda, at 11am.

He will then be brought to Calvary Cemetery for burial.

A death notice described Keane Mulready-Woods as "beloved son" of Elizabeth and Barry and a loving brother to his four siblings.

"Sadly missed by his heartbroken parents, brothers, sister, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and a large circle of friends," it read.

The Holy Family Church is where the funeral of another victim of the Drogheda feud violence, Keith Branigan, was held last September.

A significant investigation involving three separate garda divisions, as well as national units, is continuing into the Mulready-Woods murder.

The Herald previously revealed that two brothers from Drogheda in their 20s, who head up the gang being investigated for the shocking killing- are hiding out in Spain after fleeing the country via the UK.

The brothers were due to appear in court last week on feud-related charges but failed to appear. A warrant was not sought for their arrest.

Last week gardai also raided the home of a secretive crime boss based in Co Meath closely associated with the psychopathic chief suspect in the killing.

It is understood CCTV equipment and phones were seized at the gang boss's Meath home.

Officers believe the crime lord, who has been on the radar of gardai since the early 2010s, was visited by the chief suspect in the teen's killing several times around the time of the slaying.