| -1.1°C Dublin

Toddler (2) dies after choking on blind cord

Close

Waterford Regional Hospital

Waterford Regional Hospital

Waterford Regional Hospital

A SMALL Kilkenny town is mourning the death of toddler Rosin Redmond who died after becoming entangled in the cord of a window blind.

The two-year-old, from Graignamanagh in Co Kilkenny, was rushed to Waterford general hospital after she got caught up in the cord while playing in her grandmother's house on Tuesday.

Despite efforts to save her, she was pronounced dead later that day.

Her parents, David and Lynda, are said to be devastated and in a state of shock at the loss of their youngest child.

TRAGEDY

The tragedy has caused "shockwaves" throughout the rural community according to one resident.

The family are well known in the local area and the whole community has been left "numb" by the accident.

"The whole community is in shock. Heartbroken is the only way to describe it," local councillor Peter Cleere told the Herald.

"The fact that it has happened so close to Christmas just makes it even more poignant."

Tragic Rosin was laid to rest today in the local cemetery. She was waked at her home last night surrounded by grieving family and friends, with a Frozen doll by her side.

"I've never seen anything so sad. Rosin was a gorgeous little girl," Mr Cleere said.

The little girl's heartbroken parents also have a little boy, Killian.

hnews@herald.ie


Privacy