A TEENAGER accused of seriously assaulting a young man and robbing him of his mobile phone in west Dublin has been remanded on continuing bail for the DPP's directions on the charges.
Kadesh Tracey (18) was allegedly present when a co-accused produced a blade and took a young man's mobile phone, worth €500, in what gardai described as a "random attack".
A court previously heard Mr Tracey and another teenager allegedly ran away with the phone, which his accomplice then tried to discard.
Judge David McHugh adjourned the case to September.
Mr Tracey, of Hazel Grove, Portrane Road in Donabate, appeared in Blanchardstown District Court charged with robbery of a Samsung Galaxy mobile phone at Coolmine Road, Dublin 15 on May 18 last.
Mr Tracey is also accused of seriously assaulting a man at the same time and place.
Garda Conor Leen previously said it will be claimed that Mr Tracey's co-accused produced a blade and took a young man's mobile phone.
Gda Leen claimed the victim's girlfriend's parents followed Mr Tracey and his accomplice, who was seen trying to discard the mobile phone.
Gda Leen also claimed the accused were both caught on CCTV.
Sergeant Maria Callaghan said the garda had already submitted his file to his inspector but it had not yet reached the DPP's office.
Judge McHugh remanded Mr Tracey on continuing bail.