| 10.6°C Dublin

'Old news' - McGregor on High Court lawsuit

 

Close

Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor

Conor McGregor

UFC fighter Conor McGregor has reacted to a multi-million euro lawsuit lodged against him this week, describing it as "old news".

A woman known to McGregor for many years filed the personal injury action against him and a co-defendant in the High Court in Dublin.

A second, smaller claim - also a personal injuries action - has been lodged by the woman's mother.

The nature of the allegations made in the lawsuits cannot be disclosed for legal reasons.

Excited

McGregor was asked about the lawsuits during a UFC press conference.

"It's old news, it was investigated thoroughly over the course of two long years and I was cleared of any wrong- doing, and that's it," he said.

"I have so much positivity in my life, I have got a great challenge ahead of me on Saturday night and I'm very excited to get in there."

The matter was previously the subject of an extensive garda investigation.

However, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution decided no charges should be brought.

In a statement to the Herald earlier this week, McGregor's spokesperson Karen J Kessler said: "After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the gardaí, which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses' statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categor- ically rejected.

"The plaintiff knows the facts contradict the assertions in this lawsuit.

"Mr McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail."

McGregor will return to the octagon in Abu Dhabi this weekend.


Privacy