| 13.2°C Dublin

'Neighbours harassment' case settled

A DUBLIN woman whose neighbours alleged she harassed them to the point that they felt "prisoners in their own home" has agreed not to contact them for two years.

Lucy Parameswaram (44) had allegedly threatened her neighbours that their home would be "demolished" and approached potential buyers to tell them an extension had been illegally built.

Her neighbours also alleged that she walked all over their flower bed on a daily basis and made remarks that they were engaged in "illegal activity" when they were moving containers of beer from their car.

She pleaded not guilty to harassment charges but her case was halted at Dublin District Court when she undertook not to have any contact with the neighbours in the next two years.

Judge Catherine Murphy made the order, which was consented to by all parties.

Ms Parameswaram of Maynooth Road, Celbridge, was accused of three counts of harassment of three of her neighbours on dates between 2008 and 2009.

The alleged injured parties were husband and wife Paul Mooney and Una O'Farrell, as well as a third neighbour Ann McAuley.


An estate agent, John Copeland, alleged that when Mr Mooney's home was for sale, the accused called to ask a viewing couple to move their car, then engaged them in a conversation in which she said a side extension had been illegally built.

Father-of-four Mr Mooney alleged on one occasion, a friend, Pat Flynn came to the house to collect some beer and Ms Parameswaram began taking pictures of the car.

When Mr Flynn, who is a garda, asked her to stop she "said it was pretty much her right to do whatever she wanted to do".

"She said to me that essentially she would have our house demolished", he alleged.

He said he put his house up for sale in 2008, but it did not sell.

There was a CCTV camera on the accused's property covering the front entrance of his home.

"We feel like we are prisoners in our own home with cameras watching our every move", he alleged.

Defence barrister Eoghan Cole, said it had been agreed by all parties that the accused would not communicate with the alleged victims.

Judge Catherine Murphy adjourned the case for nine months for mention.