| 9.1°C Dublin

Murder accused borrowed pal's shoes for party


Aurimas Andruska

Aurimas Andruska

Aurimas Andruska

THE man accused of murdering a Lithuanian mother and daughter had borrowed a pair of shoes from a friend to attend a party on the day they were last seen alive.

Aurimas Andruska (27) of 7 Ardmoniel Heights, Killorglin, Co Kerry, denies murdering Jolanta Lubiene (27) and her daughter Enrika (8) at No 9 Langford Downs, Killorglin, on a date unknown between June 15 and 17, 2013.

Andruska's mother Wirginia and his younger brother were present in court for the first time.


His friend Vitalijus Krivobokovas told the murder trial at the Central Criminal Court in Tralee he was certain the jeans worn by his friend at the birthday party of Aurimas Mockus on Saturday night, June 15, were the same ones seen on the CCTV footage from earlier that day because they used to belong to him.

Mr Krivobokovas said Andruska had called him after 4pm on Saturday asking if he could borrow shoes because his own were old and torn. Both men have the same size foot.

Mr Krivobokovas brought two pairs to 7 Ardmoniel Heights that afternoon but said he met Andruska on the landing and did not go into his bedroom. He later collected him at that address before they went on to the party.

Mr Krivobokovas had met Jolanta at a party at her sister Kristina's house about five years ago but admitted under cross examination by Brendan Grehan, defending, that he had told gardai he was involved in a physical relationship with her for some time after even though he knew she was married.

He said he became aware of Ms Lubiene's use of dating websites about a month and a half before she died when he had come across one of the sites on Aurimas Mockus' computer.

Through an interpreter he said he and Mockus were "messing about" and wanted to write some message but did not because they had to pay money.

He said Ms Lubiene was looking for a "once-off" relationship on the site but he declined to give further details saying he didn't want to talk about the deceased in that way.

He said after seeing the website he called to her house and advised her not to put pictures of herself online because her husband might see it. He said they smoked a cigarette and he stayed for about 15 minutes.


Mr Krivobokovas said Ms Lubiene invited him to a swingers' party but he declined because he had a girlfriend.

He said this was the last time he saw Ms Lubiene alive because he went on holidays shortly afterwards, returning to Ireland on June 10.

Det Gda Paul Moore, a crime scene examiner, described the murder scene when he arrived after 1am on July 17.

He said the walls, floor and appliances of the utility room and kitchen were spattered with blood and there was also blood on the floor.

There was a large amount of blood around the body of the young mother and he had to use metal stepping plates on the floor so as not to disturb the evidence.

The trial continues.