A 17-YEAR-OLD boy who took part in a mugging in which three teenagers were threatened with stabbing has been remanded on continuing bail pending sentence at the Dublin Children's Court.
The boy pleaded guilty in April to three charges of robbery from two 17-year-old boys and another youth aged 18, in Fairview, Dublin, in the early hours of September 26 last year.
The court had heard that the terrified teens handed over their mobile phones and some cash and were each struck by the muggers.
Survivors die in Haiti storm
A freak storm blasted through Haiti's capital yesterday, killing at least five earthquake survivors as it tore down trees, billboards and tent homes.
Three adults and two children were killed in the tent and shack camps that still dominate Port-au-Prince more than eight months after the earthquake.
The encampments are still home to more than 1.3 million people.
Girl has gone on run 33 times
A 17-YEAR-OLD girl who is in HSE care has gone missing 33 times, for a week on one occasion, since the start of August, the Dublin Children's Court heard.
The girl was brought before the court yesterday on foot of a bench warrant issued two weeks previously when she absconded from her care in which she was charged with criminal damage to a door at a children's care home in north Dublin on May 30.
Judge Bryan Smyth heard that she was arrested yesterday morning after being missing from a week. He remanded her to appear again next week.
UK Catholics told to 'show it'
Catholics in the UK are being encouraged to make their faith more visible by saying "God bless you" and making the Sign of the Cross more often.
The advice, in a letter from the Archbishop of Westminster, comes a week after the Pope's state visit to Britain.
Thje Archbishop said the trip by Benedict XVI brought "such joy" and gave "a great boost to so many", providing believers with "new heart" for their mission.