Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield has more than 825,000 followers on Twitter, and has been tweeting pictures of different parts of Ireland over the past few months.
• One of his most popular tweets saw a picture of a heart captured in a break in the clouds over Ireland (top right).
"Valentines is over, but I'm still in love with what the Earth shows me each day. Happy Mother's Day to Ireland/UK."
• On St Patrick's Day, Commander Hadfield posted a series of Irish-themed tweets including a picture of himself wearing a green dickie-bow (inset left).
"Maidin mhaith from the International Space Station! Happy Saint Patrick's Day to the Irish all around the globe. Good morning!"
• Hadfield also snapped a photo of Tralee in Co Kerry as the space station passed over the region, as well as recording a cosmic version of the traditional Irish song Danny Boy.
• In February, he also wooed an Irish audience with stunning night-time photos of Dublin twinkling from space (right).
"Tá Éire fíorálainn! Land of green hills dark beer. With Dublin glowing in the Irish night."
• Hadfield's farewell present to fans saw him put together a performance of Space Oddity.
The video became an instant internet sensation.
"With deference to the genius of David Bowie, here's Space Oddity, recorded on Station. A last glimpse of the World."