| 13.7°C Dublin

Guest's shock at woman in hotel shower

A HOTEL guest got the shock of her life when she found a stranger having a shower in her hotel bedroom, a court heard.

Angelina Moran (36) was in the shower when the guest came back to her room at Ashfield House on Dublin's D'Olier Street.

She told Dun Laoghaire District Court that she was homeless at the time and living in hostels and wanted to have a shower. A sergeant said the woman was quite distressed at finding a stranger taking a shower in her room.

A judge ordered a probation report and adjourned sentencing to a date in June.

Moran, of Tivoli Road, Dun Laoghaire, admitted to trespassing on a hotel bedroom in Ashfield House, D'Olier Street, on January 3.

She also admitted to causing €700 worth of damage to a front glass door at the Central Hotel, Exchequer Street on February 10.

Garda Sergeant Peadar McCann said the hotel guest returned to her room about 8pm to find Moran taking a shower.

He said Moran had no permission to be in the room, and the incident caused a lot of distress to the guest.


In relation to the criminal damage, Sgt McCann said Moran was spotted standing outside the hotel by a security guard who let her into the hotel.

She sat in the lobby, and told the guard she couldn't find her card key and couldn't remember what room she was staying in.

Sgt McCann said a group of people came into the hotel, and Moran tried to follow them upstairs, but they told security they didn't know her and she wasn't with them.

The court heard that security staff asked Moran to leave but she became aggressive and struck the glass in the front door, causing €700 worth of damage.

The court heard that Moran has a number of previous convictions, and is currently serving a four-month sentence.

Defence lawyer Geraldine Biggs said Moran's lifestyle has been "chaotic," and she has been homeless and moving from hostel to hostel.

Ms Biggs said the defendant is looking to work with the probation services, to see if they can give her the support she needs.

Judge Ann Ryan ordered a probation report and adjourned sentencing to a date in June.