| 13.9°C Dublin

Father of murdered Corbally brothers vows to get revenge

THE FATHER of the murdered Corbally brothers has issued threats against his sons’ killers from his US base. Veteran gangster Paddy Corbally (56) has relocated to Florida recently after being threatened by the same gangsters who murdered his sons Paul and Kenneth.

The Herald can reveal that the dad of two fled Dublin because of the threats – but has issued his own threats in return, from his US exile. Sources say that Corbally himself "is under active threat" from the same mob who murdered his sons Paul and Kenneth in a clinical gangland double murder in June 2010. "For over a year now, death threats have been going back and forward as the feud rumbles on," said a source. The slain Corbally brothers had been involved in a bitter feud with the mob led by on-the-run gangster Derek 'Dee Dee' O'Driscoll in a bitter gang war that has been raging since September 2009.

A source explained: "Paddy has spent very little time in Ireland since his sons were murdered -- their deaths have had a devastating effect on him.

"The latest information is that he is in Florida and is very keen to have 'Dee Dee' and his cronies whacked. He is, of course, also aware that they would murder him if they got any chance at all."


Paddy Corbally is extremely well known to gardai and his most serious criminal conviction dates from 1999 when he was jailed for seven years for possessing a sub-machine gun used in a shooting.

Corbally ,of Drumfinn Avenue, Ballyfermot, was convicted in March 1999, after a nine-day trial, of having a copy of an Ingram submachine gun and ammunition with intent to endanger life on May 11, 1997.

They were used in an attack on Seamus Behan of Coolock, which took place near Corbally's house about 8.30am that day. Seven shots were fired in the incident.

During Paddy Corbally's trial, a senior detective gave evidence that the gun was one of a batch of copies of the submachine gun made by "an unscrupulous English firearms dealer".

It later emerged that this firearms dealer was Anthony Mitchell, who was jailed in England for eight years after he was convicted of selling shotguns, sub-machine guns, Kalashnikovs, plastic explosives, silencers and ammunition to gangs in Ireland and the UK.

Corbally's sons Kenneth and Paul were feared gangsters who had major reputations for extreme violence but they became dead men walking after attacking a close associate of Derek 'Dee Dee' O' Driscoll just two months before their deaths.

The well-known drug-dealers were both shot repeatedly in the head and body by a three-man hit squad as they sat in a car on the Neilstown Road, Clondalkin, west Dublin, at around 8pm on the evening of June 28 last.

No one has been charged with the double murder and there has been only one arrest so far in the case.

The Herald previously revealed that gardai have submitted a detailed file to the DPP on over a dozen suspected gang members -- including 'Dee Dee' O'Driscoll -- who they hope will be prosecuted under tough anti-gang legislation.

The gangsters have been involved in a deadly feud in the Ballyfermot/Clondalkin areas that has led to four murders and numerous violent incidents.

The last murder linked to the feud happened last October when small-time crook Robert Ryle (30) was shot dead in Clondalkin -- he had loose links to the Corbally gang and was not the intended target of the murder squad.