A Pakistani boy who took part in a suicide mission that killed at least 44 people at a shrinetoday sought forgiveness in a television interview from his hospital bed.
The boy, who police said is 14, was arrested after his belt of explosives failed to go off in Sunday's attack.
He said he had been trained by militants close to the Afghan border, and that his handlers spoke of "more than 350 other boys going through the training".
In the attack, at least two bombers successfully detonated explosives, killing at least 44 people. The boy whose explosives did not go off was arrested shortly after.
Police initially said he was unrepentant, and that he told them he wanted to "send them to hell". However, in the interview, he said he is "seeking forgiveness" from the families of those killed and wounded.
"I never knew that I was going to hurt Muslims. I learned it only after I failed," said the boy. "May Allah forgive me."
The boy's left arm was amputated as a result of injuries he sustained after he was shot by a guard. The boy gave his name as Omar, though police initially identified him as Fida Hussain.