A judge in the Special Criminal Court trial of a man accused of murdering a pub manager said the late service of evidence in the case was a "shocking waste of time and money".
The trial was yesterday adjourned until this morning.
Eamonn Cumberton (30), of Mountjoy Street, Dublin, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Michael Barr (35) in the Sunset House pub, in the capital's north inner city, on April 25 last year.
It is the prosecution's case that Mr Cumberton is "inextricably linked" to items seized from a partially burnt-out car near the scene, and that the items themselves are "inextricably linked" to the shooting.
The court was listening to evidence yesterday from gardai at the mapping section when Bernard Condon, for the accused man, asked the judges for time to consider additional evidence that had been served to the defence by the prosecution on Monday night.
Mr Justice Tony Hunt, presiding, sitting with Judge Patricia Ryan and Judge James Faughnan, said the late service of evidence was "a shocking waste of time and money".
He adjourned the trial until this morning.
Dominic McGinn opened the prosecution case in the murder trial on Monday.
He told the court that Mr Barr was the manager of the pub where, on the day in question, he began work at 5.20pm.
The court heard that some time between 8.30pm and 9.33pm, two men wearing masks and boiler suits "burst" into the pub.
Mr McGinn said the evidence will be that the men "targeted" Mr Barr, shooting him multiple times in the head and neck.
The court heard the evidence will be that gardai arrived and extinguished the fire in the car before it had taken hold, and that items of relevance were found on the rear seat, including loaded and cocked firearms, masks, balaclavas and boiler suits.
Mr McGinn told the court that the emergency services had arrived at Sunset House but were unable to save Mr Barr, who was pronounced dead at 10.12pm. He had been shot seven times, with five shots to the head and one each to the shoulder and neck, the court was told.
Mr Condon told the court that the defence will be challenging all of the prosecution's evidence.