THREE teenagers are to go on trial after three fast food delivery men were held up at gun and knifepoint within a 24-hour period.
Two boys, aged 16 and 17, appeared at the Children's Court yesterday charged with two counts of robbery and one of attempted robbery, in Irishtown in south Dublin, on November 24 and 25 last year.
An 18-year-old has also been charged with taking part in the alleged heists.
The three were served with books of evidence and Judge Clare Leonard made an order sending them forward for trial at the present term of the Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
¤9bn for 9/11'
A judge in New York has recommended terror group al-Qa'ida pay $9.3bn (f6.7bn) for the damage done to properties and businesses in the September 11, 2001 attacks.
Judge Frank Maas sent the recommendation to a district judge presiding over a lawsuit brought by several insurance companies.
The companies sued various defendants in 2003, seeking damages for the attacks. Al-Qa'ida did not respond to the lawsuit and was found in default in 2006.
Bishop 'failed abuse victims'
A bishop has become the highest-ranking US Catholic indicted on a charge of failing to protect children after he and his diocese waited five months to tell police about hundreds of images of child pornography discovered on a priest's computer.
Robert Finn, the first US bishop criminally charged with sheltering an abusive clergyman, and the Kansas City-St Joseph Catholic Diocese have pleaded not guilty to one count each of failing to report suspected child abuse.
US missiles kill
Missiles fired by a US drone have hit a compound near Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, killing at least three militants, intelligence officials have said.
Officials said some suspects were also wounded in today's attack in South Waziristan.
Those killed were believed to be the fighters of Maulvi Nazir, a local militant commander who is accused of working with Taliban and al-Qa'ida to direct cross-border attacks.