A convicted rapist who was due to be released from prison has been kept in custody after he refused to enter a bond in court.
Trevor Byrne (36) did not agree to eight conditions attached to his release, including keeping a curfew between 8pm and 8am and not using an alias in the community.
Byrne has been serving an eight-year sentence for the attempted robbery of a woman at her Dublin home on September 15, 2009.
Judge Patricia Ryan at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court had suspended the final two years on condition that he enter a bond and abide by terms.
The attempted robbery in 2009 took place 14 hours after Byrne had been released from prison and while he was under garda surveillance.
Other conditions of release included refraining from illegal drugs, attending any treatment recommended for his offending behaviour and living in provided accommodation rather than making himself homeless.
Byrne gave two fingers to the probation officer as he was taken back into the custody area at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Probation officer David Kenny said it is his responsibility to ensure that Byrne is not a risk to the community, and that to date Byrne has not engaged with the Probation Services.
Byrne, with a former address at O'Devaney Gardens, pleaded guilty to the attempted robbery of Noemie Krey at Leo Street, Dublin 7, on September 15, 2009.
He also pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary at the same address on the same date.
Gda Ronan Hobbs told the court that Byrne has nine previous convictions including one where he received a 15-year sentence for orally and vaginally raping an 18-year-old woman.
He also was sentenced to five years in October 2006 after assaulting a woman whose throat he said he would cut.
When two men came to her rescue, he said he would do the same to them.
It was on his release from this sentence that he carried out the offence against Ms Krey.
Judge Ryan said Byrne can remain in custody until he decides to enter the bond.