A Dublin man has been sent for trial charged over an alleged blade attack during a row with a man at Mountjoy jail.
Jonathan Cummins (33) had a book of evidence served on him when he appeared before Dublin District Court on assault and weapons charges.
Judge Bryan Smyth sent him forward for trial to Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Mr Cummins, with an add-ress at Little Britain Street hostel in the north inner city, is charged with assault causing harm to a man at Mount- joy Prison on March 15 last year.
He is also accused of producing a sharply pointed blade in the course of a dispute at the same time and place.
A state solicitor told Judge Smyth the book of evidence was ready.
He said the DPP was consenting to the accused being returned for trial to the next sittings of the circuit court.
Judge Smyth gave the accused the formal warning that he had 14 days to provide details of any alibi he intended to rely on to the prosecution.
He asked Mr Cummins if he understood this warning, and he replied: "Yeah, I do."
The judge ordered the prosecution to furnish the defence with copies of the accused's garda interview video.
He granted free legal aid after defence solicitor Niall O'Connor said the accused's financial circumstances had not changed since his last court appearance.
He then returned him for trial to the circuit court, where he will appear on a date in November.
Mr Cummins, who has not yet entered pleas to the charges, was sent forward on bail on existing terms.
He was required to sign a new bail bond and acknowledged his signature on it.