A Dublin man has been sent for trial accused of threatening filling station staff with a hammer before taking €520.
Michael Doherty (39) is alleged to have stolen the cash from a filling station shop in the west of the city.
He was sent for trial after a book of evidence was served on him at Blanchardstown District Court
Mr Doherty, of Kilclare Crescent, Jobstown, Tallaght, is charged with robbery.
The offence is alleged to have taken place at a Maxol filling station in Newcastle Road, Lucan, on March 31 last year.
The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) had consented to the case being dealt with at district court level, but Judge David McHugh decided the case was too serious and refused jurisdiction.
When the case came back before the court, a State solicitor said the book of evidence was ready and had been served on Mr Doherty.
The DPP was consenting to the accused being sent for trial to the current sittings of Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Judge McHugh gave the accused the formal notice that he must provide any alibi details to the prosecution within 14 days.
He granted free legal aid to cover a solicitor and a barrister in the circuit court. He also made an order for copies of the accused's garda interview video to be furnished to the defence.
Mr Doherty was remanded on bail under existing terms and conditions.
He will appear in the circuit court on December 7.
Mr Doherty - who has not yet indicated how he intends to plead - did not address the court during the brief hearing.
Previously, the court was told it would be alleged that the accused parked up at a nearby pitch-and-putt club and walked to the filling station.
It was alleged that Mr Doherty partially covered his face and entered the filling station shop with a hammer.
There were two members of staff in the shop and it was alleged that he threatened them before taking €520.
Neither member of staff was hurt, but "they were traumatised," the court heard.