| 14.8°C Dublin

'I'll wipe my h**e with charge sheet', man allegedly said


Gary Dempsey was arrested on motoring charges

Gary Dempsey was arrested on motoring charges

Gary Dempsey was arrested on motoring charges

A young man accused of motoring offences said he was going to "wipe my h**e" with the charge sheet when the allegations were put to him by arresting gardai, a court heard.

Gary Dempsey (24) also called the garda a "nutter" when he was charged, the officer said.

The garda was giving evidence of arresting, charging and cautioning Mr Dempsey for alleged uninsured driving in an incident in west Dublin.

Judge David McHugh adjourned the case at Blanchardstown District Court.

Mr Dempsey, with an address at Grangeview Place, Clondalkin, was already charged with two counts of dangerous driving.

These offences were alleged to have happened at Grangeview Close and Grangeview Road, also in Clondalkin, on October 4.

He was further charged with driving without insurance at the same locations, also on October 4, as well as at Kilmahuddrick Avenue on August 26.

A garda told the judge in evidence that he put the new charges to the accused before the court sitting.


He said Mr Dempsey replied after caution to the first count: "I don't give a f**k."

To the second, the garda said, Mr Dempsey replied: "I did nothing.

"You are a f**king nutter. I'm going to wipe my h**e with your charge sheet."

The accused made no reply to the third charge, the officer said.

Defence barrister Jennifer Jackson said there were existing dangerous driving charges before the no-insurance charges were brought forward.

She said the matters were all related.

Judge McHugh made a general order for disclosure of prosecution documents to the defence "to cover all matters".

He adjourned the case and extended bail to cover the new charges.

All the charges are under the Road Traffic Act and the defendant has not yet entered pleas to them.

Mr Dempsey did not address the court during the brief hearing.

He was remanded on continuing bail.

The accused is due to appear in court again next month.