The trial of gun murder accused Patrick Hutch has been delayed for another three months after a court heard more time was needed for an inquiry into the tragic death of the senior investigating garda.
The Special Criminal Court was told "considerable progress" had been made in the inquiry but a 12-week adjournment was needed for the examination of evidence including "documentary material and electronic data".
Det Supt Colm Fox was found dead at Ballymun Garda Station on February 10, while the trial was stalled over the disclosure by the prosecution of emails between four gardai.
The case was put back four weeks ago after notes "authored by" Det Supt Fox were handed to the court.
Yesterday, Mr Justice Tony Hunt granted a further adjournment of the case to July 9.
Mr Hutch (25), of Champions Avenue in the north inner city, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of David Byrne (34) at the Regency Hotel in Dublin on February 5, 2016.
He also denies possessing three AK-47 assault rifles.
Prosecutor Sean Gillane said an inquiry was taking place into the overall circumstances "pertaining to the passing of the late Det Supt Colm Fox" and how it related to this case.
"Considerable progress" had been made and there were different strands of the inquiry.
It involved an examination not just of documentary material, but electronic data and the taking of a number of witness statements.
Michael O'Higgins SC, defending, recognised that the adjournment was "inevitable".