A 37-year-old man accused of harassing his estranged wife by calling her up to 300 times a day has had his case adjourned for 10 weeks to allow gardai obtain the couple's mobile phone records.
Judge John Coughlan also ordered a psychiatric report after Simon McGurrin's lawyer said there may be a question in relation to his fitness to plead.
The accused is alleged to have threatened to kill his estranged wife, and to have broken into her home in south Dublin armed with a hammer.
McGurrin has been ordered not to have any contact, either directly or indirectly, with the alleged victim.
He was also told by the judge not to contact her place of work after a garda witness claimed that he has been ringing her office trying to get her sacked.
The matter was adjourned for 10 weeks to a date in July to allow gardai obtain the phone records.
McGurrin, of The Drive, Riverbank, Drogheda, appeared before Dun Laoghaire District Court charged with two counts of harassment.
The alleged harassment of the women, one of whom is his estranged wife while the other is her sister, took place between August 20 and December 10, 2009.
McGurrin is also charged with breaching a barring order on dates between September 10 and December, 2009. He is further charged with burglary at the victim's home in Dundrum on August 23, 2009. The DPP directed summary disposal of the matter, and the judge previously accepted jurisdiction.
Garda Lorraine Mulvin had said it will be alleged that McGurrin phoned his estranged wife up to 300 times a day, threatening to kill her and leaving voice messages of a threatening and abusive nature.
Gda Mulvin claimed that the victim has been living in great fear for the past few months.
She also said it will be alleged that McGurrin broke into the victim's home armed with a hammer. The house was unoccupied at the time.
Garda Sergeant Peadar McCann said gardai are still waiting for phone records from the mobile phone company, and it is likely to be ten weeks before those records are available.