An inquiry into the death of the lead investigating garda in the Regency murder case is expected to end next month.
The Special Criminal Court heard the "end is in sight" for an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Detective Superintendent Colm Fox.
The trial of Patrick Hutch, who is accused of murdering a man in the 2016 Regency Hotel raid, has been stalled since the inquiry was launched.
Yesterday, the court was told Mr Hutch was "frustrated" by the ongoing delays in the case but accepted that the process had to be gone through.
Mr Hutch (25), of Champions Avenue in the north inner city, has pleaded not guilty to the murder of David Byrne (34) at the Regency Hotel on February 5, 2016.
He also denies possessing three AK47 assault rifles.
Det Supt Fox died last February while the trial was in progress.
The defence has since been given a copy of an interim report on the investigation into his death.
Prosecutor Sean Gillane said an end to "the IT end of the investigation" was in sight.
A device had been accessed and it generated a "fairly significant amount of material".
The expected completion date of the investigation was the middle to end of October at the latest, Mr Gillane said.
Defence barrister Michael O'Higgins said: "It's frustrating for Mr Hutch, but on the other hand, the process has to be gone through and we have to accept that the State are doing it at as quick a pace as they can."
Mr Justice Tony Hunt said: "It is unfortunate for Mr Hutch, he is the one who is on trial."
Mr Justice Hunt said there would be two weeks available for the case in December and it would be "given priority over everything else". He said December 10 would be the court's "point of reference".