| 12.5°C Dublin

Challenge over kidnap charge

A CHALLENGE on the grounds of delay has been brought in the prosecution of a boy charged with the false imprisonment of an eight-year-old girl at his home in Dublin two years ago.

The 17-year-old boy had been charged in May at the Children's Court with the offence which allegedly occurred in May 2008.

The defence has raised a challenge to the case proceeding, due to a delay in charging the boy. On Tuesday, Judge Bryan Smyth said he would read submissions from the boy's solicitor and the State.

He adjourned the case for two weeks.



Court curb on haulier protest

A HAULAGE contractor was restrained by the High Court from continuing blockages at two Roadstone plants in Co Galway.

Roddy Horan, for Roadstone Wood Ltd, said the unlawful obstructions had been placed by John Kenny in a row over haulage rates.

Mr Horan told the court that Kenny, of Church View, Menlough, Ballinasloe, Co Galway, had blocked access to the plants at Two Mile Ditch, Tuam Road and Kilchreest.

Judge Ryan granted Roadstone injunctions restraining continued trespass until tomorrow, when the matter returns before the court.


Privacy