A builder has been sent for trial accused of recklessly endangering another person with a car in the west of the city.
Wayne Kelly (32) had a book of evidence served on him when he appeared at Blanchardstown District Court.
Mr Kelly, a father-of-four of Neilstown Crescent in Clondalkin, is charged with engaging in conduct that created a substantial risk of death or serious harm to an unnamed person.
The charge states that following a brief row, Mr Kelly drove a vehicle toward the alleged injured party, mounting a footpath to do so, in an attempt to strike this person with the vehicle.
The offence is alleged to have happened at Ninth Lock Road in Clondalkin on May 24, 2017.
A State solicitor told Judge David McHugh a book of evidence was ready and had been served on Mr Kelly.
The DPP was consenting to the accused being sent for trial to the next sittings of Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.
Judge McHugh gave the accused the formal caution that he must provide to the prosecution within 14 days details of any alibi he intends to rely on.
Applying for free legal aid, defence barrister Ciaran MacLoughlin said the accused was a builder who recently became self-employed.
He did not know how much he would be earning and would be under the threshold, Mr MacLoughlin said.
Judge McHugh granted legal aid.
He also ordered the prosecution to furnish the defence with a copy of Mr Kelly's garda interview video.
The accused was sent forward for trial on existing bail terms to appear in the circuit court next month.
Mr Kelly has not yet entered a plea to the charge, which is under Section 13 of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act.