the City Bin Co has never found out who was behind an arson attack on nine of its trucks that cost the company around €780,000.
The company, which recently announced that it is to create 30 new jobs before Christmas, had its depot in Ballymount, Dublin, attacked two years ago.
Gardai told the Herald that the investigation is ongoing but that no arrests have been made.
City Bin chief executive Gene Browne said the attack was "huge logistically", but that City Bin has not faced any attacks or intimidation in the two years since.
"To have your fleet decimated like that. How do you go out the next day?," he asked.
Mr Browne was out for dinner with business partners when he heard the depot had been attacked.
"We were out for dinner, it was Friday evening, we'd a bottle of wine. I got a call from our managing director, Niall Killilea, and he said 'I just got a call from our manager in Dublin. There's been an arson attack on the depot. There's nine trucks on fire'.
"It was surreal. This is 11 o'clock at night in Galway. Two hours later I'm standing on the Greenhills Road getting my eyebrows singed from the heat.
"You sort of think: 'What about my staff? What if somebody got hurt?'."
City Bin operates in Dublin and Galway and has around 47,000 customers.
It recently announced it was expanding its into new areas including Finglas, East Wall, Coolock and Drumcondra. Two years ago it had 12,000 customers.
Mr Browne said a large part of the firm's growth is due to a €15m investment the company received from multinational waste manager Averda.