| 11.3°C Dublin

Caravan park gun probe 'is complex'

A GARDA investigation into the shooting dead of a man at a Dublin caravan park is proving complex, an inquest was told.

A coroner's report into the shooting dead of Michael Taylor (55) at a north Dublin park earlier this year has been delayed by six months.

The inquest into his death was opened and adjourned at the City Coroner's Court.

It was adjourned until February 28 next year on the application of gardai. Det Insp Pat Conlon said that he was applying for the adjournment as a garda criminal investigation was continuing into the murder of Mr Taylor, of O'Brien Hall in the city centre.

He said it was a complex investigation and asked for a six-month adjournment.

Anna Fox, who was the victim's partner, told the Coroner's Court she recalled Monday, June 6, when he was shot at Hands Caravan Park in Donabate.

She said he had been taken to Beaumont Hospital but passed away the following day at 9am.

She later identified the body to Detective Garda Joe Enright. He in turn identified the body to staff at the city mortuary.

Mr Taylor's wife and members of his family, as well as his partner attended the inquest.

The court heard that the post-mortem had been carried out by pathologist Michael Curtis who established that death had been caused by "multiple gunshot wounds".

cmallon@herald.ie


Privacy