| 6.5°C Dublin

Boy accused of hitting man (67)

THE State has been granted further time to complete a book of evidence in the case of a teenage boy accused of attacking a 67-year-old man who was left with serious facial injuries.

The boy (16) has been charged with assault causing harm to the man, in north Dublin, on December 20 last and had been refused bail earlier at the Children's Court.

Last month he was granted bail by the High Court.



Golden Gate faller survives

A 16-year-old girl became the second person in five weeks to survive a plunge from San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge -- a 220-foot drop that is almost always fatal.

The unidentified teen lived through the drop on Sunday and the 20 minutes she spent in the 12C water of San Francisco Bay before she was rescued, Fire Department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.

The girl was transported to Marin General Hospital, but her condition wasn't immediately available.



Police held over mass graves

A Mexican judge ordered 16 police officers to remain detained for 40 days pending an investigation into their alleged involvement with the Zetas drug gang in a region where authorities have found a series of mass graves, prosecutors announced.

The 16 municipal police officers from San Fernando, in the border state of Tamaulipas, are being investigated for organised crime, kidnapping and homicide, federal prosecutors said in a statement. Authorities have recovered 145 bodies since early this month in San Fernando, where authorities say the Zetas killed 72 Central American migrants in August.



Elton back at Caesars Palace

Singer Elton John is returning to the Las Vegas Strip for a three-year run at Caesars Palace.

The five-time Grammy winner announced he will return with his Million Dollar Piano show to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas starting in September.

Tickets for the first 16 shows go on sale on April 25.

John completed his first run at Caesars Palace in April 2009.


Privacy