UP to 200 guests staying in the luxury Ritz Carlton Hotel in Wicklow had to be moved from the building last night after a fire broke out.
The building was evacuated after the fire broke out in a chimney.
The incident happened at around 8.30pm, forcing management to evacuate the building.
Bray fire brigade quickly attended the scene, and the blaze was brought under control.
"A chimney went on fire in a wing of the hotel," a spokeswoman said.
"There was a lot of smoke, and the building was evacuated," they added.
It is believed that up to 200 guests were staying in the luxury hotel at the time of the fire.
A hotel spokesperson told the Herald today that all guests were back in the hotel a short time later, and that nobody had been affected by the fire or smoke.
The five-star hotel was opened by then-Taoiseach Bertie Ahern in October 2007. Situated on the Powerscourt Estate in Enniskerry, a night's stay ranges in price from €255 to €5,000 for the presidential suite.
Set in one of the most scenic and historic estates in the country, the 200-room hotel boasts two championship-calibre golf courses on the grounds, a 30,000-square-foot luxury spa, and a Gordon Ramsay restaurant.