350g shoulder of lamb, cut into 2cm cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper
For the herb dip:
2 tbsp plain yogurt
3 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp finely chopped shallots
1 tbsp chopped tarragon
Makes 12 kebabs
1. Place the lamb in a bowl and spoon over the oil and crushed garlic. Add the parsley and seasoning and mix well. Cover and leave to stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (overnight will deliver most flavour).
2. Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 20 minutes to prevent burning.
3. Mix all the herb dip ingredients together, taste and season.
4. Thread each of the 12 skewers with roughly three cubes of lamb and grill under a pre-heated medium grill or on the barbecue for five minutes, turning occasionally.
5. Serve hot together with the herb dip as an appetiser.