A LOVELY nutritious recipe that's a tasty, filling crowd-pleaser.
Any type of white fish e.g cod, haddock and salmon – about 150g per person.
5-6 Sweet potatoes (750g)
1 150g bag fresh/frozen spinach
Fresh carrots, peas, broccoli (or 1 bag of mixed frozen veg)
1 oz Flora Buttery
1 tbsp flour
1 pint of low fat milk
* Preheat oven to 180oC, 170oC fan, Gas mark 4.
* Steam the fish, potatoes and vegetables until cooked.
* To make the white sauce, melt the Flora, add the flour to make a paste then gradually add the milk, bring to the boil and simmer until thick. Season with pepper.
* Place the fish in a casserole with the frozen vegetables. Cover with the white sauce.
* Cover this with a thick layer of cooked spinach.
* Top with mashed sweet potato and sprinkle top with black pepper.
* Cook in oven for about 40 minutes to form a nice crunchy brown crust on top.
* Serve with a tomato salad.
Recipe by: Fionnuala Staunton