Fashionistas to come out for Shop & Rock night kick off
- Dundrum Town Centre will be packed with fashionistas this Thursday as its eagerly awaited Shop & Rock night kicks off.
Stores in the shopping emporium will offer discounts on the night.
The full details are on the centre's website Dundrum.ie, where the list of one-night only discounts will be unveiled later today.
Special guests on the night include The Camembert Quartet, The Shoos and The Overtones.
Registered insiders will enjoy the exclusive West Coast Cooler bar on Level 1 outside House of Fraser.
- The recent fourth annual Paul Stafford Foundation Ball in aid of Suicide Prevention and Awareness has raised over €60,000 for 1LIFE.
The star-studded event was held last weekend in the Round Room at the Mansion House.
The monies raised from last year's ball, went directly to fund Ireland's first 24-hour suicide helpline -- 1life.ie, which receives over 3,000 calls a month.
Guests at the event included Kathryn Thomas, Paul Wallace and Barbara Loftus, Mary and Jay Tierney, Toni Wall and Richard Duggan, along with rugby hero Paul Wallace and his wife Barbara.
- Gourmet food lovers will be out in force for the official unveiling of The Dubliner 100 Best Restaurants 2011 next week.
The event will be taking place in the plush surroundings of the ballroom in The Shelbourne Hotel next Tuesday, November 16.
More than 500 lucky insiders have invites as well as around 500 guests, including some of the capital's top chefs and restaurateurs.
- Today FM has announced Anton Savage as a new presenter on the Sunday Business Show alongside Conall O'Morain.
The presenters will anchor the show from 10am to 11am on alternate weeks, with Anton commencing on November 21.
Anton is no stranger to the Today FM schedule, having filled in on many occasions for The Last Word with Matt Cooper, The Ray D'Arcy Show and the Ian Dempsey Breakfast Show. He cut his teeth on Today FM's breakfast show Daybreak, in its infancy as Radio Ireland.
Anton is also the host of The Apprentice: You're Fired which airs every Monday night on TV3 after the Apprentice.
- DUE to phenomenal demand, a fourth and final matinee date has been added to next year's X Factor Live Tour.
Billed as a must-see concert for fans of the hit ITV reality series, the show will feature all of this year's finalists, including Irish favourites Mary Byrne, Niall Horan and his group One Direction and Belle Amie with Dublin singer Rebecca.
The final extra date is for the O2 on February 24.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, November 12, at 9am from all usual outlets, priced upwards from €40.20.
- THE Grafton Lounge may be a relative newcomer on the Dublin scene but it's already set to host the after party of the season. The official Gorillaz after party takes place at the nightspot this Thursday, November 11. The band, including former Blur front man Damon Albarn, will be at the party after their O2 gig.