Kathryn Thomas will return to the small screen this month in her first role since travel series No Frontiers was axed.
The Herald can reveal the bubbly Carlow star has been signed up to front new three-part series The Festival Roadshow.
Kathryn (31) explained how the concept for the series first came about last year when she and her No Frontiers camera crew travelled around Ireland to film packages for a recession friendly staycation segment.
The star said that she was stunned to learn that up to 250 different festivals ranging from music to arts to writing take place across the nation each year and said she was keen to give them the coverage they deserve.
Kathryn insisted that while her new show will see her travelling to different venues across the country, there are no similarities between it and her previous travel show.
"I wouldn't say it's like No Frontiers at all," she said. "First of all it's a live show so I'll be reporting live from each venue and secondly each show will be one hour long.
"I'm not nervous about it at all because I have done plenty of live stuff in the past.
"I'm just really looking forward to being part of a big organisation again because there's a great buzz around putting together a live television programme.
"We're going to be kicking it off in Galway with The Galway Arts Festival on July 23 and we'll also be hitting Killarney and Kilkenny after that." Kathryn is hopeful that the series will return on a longer basis if it is deemed a ratings winner by station executives.
The chatty blonde went on to explain how she is in the process of confirming a number of additional television presenting gigs for the autumn, but said she cannot discuss any of it until the station's official launch in August. In addition to getting ready for her new television series Kathryn has also been busy filling in for Ryan Tubridy on the radio.