X Factor's Dermot O'Leary won't be crying into his pillow after losing out to Daithi O Se in his cheeky bid for the Rose of Tralee presenting job.
An agent for the part-Irish TV hunk has confirmed that he has already signed up to work with the hit programme, which regularly pulls in more than 15 million viewers, for the next seven months.
When asked for his reaction to the news that Daithi (33) was confirmed by RTE this week as the new host, a spokesperson for John Noel Management pointed out that he had other more pressing commitments.
"He will be busy with X Factor from June to December. He's currently away on holidays until filming begins," she said.
Last week saw the affable presenter (36) formally throw his hat into the ring for the contest, given that broadcaster Ray D'Arcy has stepped down from the August gig.
Over here filming the first round of Dublin auditions for X Factor, he said he was definitely still interested in the contest saying: "Hell yeah, when do I start? RTE, I'm here in Dublin, come and court me!"
He had said before how the station needs to freshen things up with some new talent.
"They need a bit of new blood in there. I like Ray D'Arcy -- he's a nice guy -- but come on, I'm waiting in the wings here Ireland -- RTE get in touch," he stated.
But RTE have opted for the old reliable Daithi instead, after naming the Kerryman as the new host of the beauty pageant.
The TG4 presenter, who's currently filming for his new show in the United States, described it as a "huge honour" to be chosen for the festival, which he chaired last year.
"Being the first Kerryman to host the show brings its own pressures, but I'm really looking to it," he said.
"Some of the greats of Irish broadcasting have presented before me so I have huge shoes to fill, but I hope I can do the festival and the county proud."
This year's festival will be broadcast live from the Dome in Tralee on August 23 and 24.