Bruce Willis's movie hit The Sixth Sense was today declared the film with the biggest shock of all time.
The film about a young boy who claims to "see dead people" features a pivotal moment in which the truth about Willis's character is revealed.
It beat 50-year-old chiller Psycho in a poll to find the most shocking plot twist, commissioned to mark the release of Robert Pattinson film Remember Me on DVD and Blu-Ray. Pattinson's film features its own unexpected ending.
Kevin Spacey plays a key role in two of the films in the top 10 -- his performances in The Usual Suspects, which was ranked third, and Se7en, which was placed ninth. The jaw-dropping moment when Darth Vader revealed he was actually Luke Skywalker's father was in fourth place.
Also in the list -- in seventh place -- is the moment when Edward Woodward's character Sgt Howie finds he is to be a human sacrifice as The Wicker Man draws to a close. The full list (beware spoilers) is:
1. Sixth Sense (1999) -- Willis's character is dead.
2. Psycho (1960) -- Norman Bates is his mother.
3. The Usual Suspects (1995) -- Kevin Spacey's character Verbal is actually villain Keyser Soze.
4. The Empire Strikes Back (1980) -- Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father.
5. Saw (2004) -- Villain Jigsaw is alive.
6. Fight Club (1999) -- Ed Norton and Brad Pitt's characters are the same person.
7. The Wicker Man (1973) -- Sgt Howie is sacrifice.
8. The Others (2001) -- The family are ghosts.
9. Se7en (1995) -- Spacey's John Doe character has set up the plot to engineer his death.
10. Planet Of The Apes (1968) -- The setting is planet Earth in the future.