- A host of well-known names, including BScene models Dearbhla Hogan, Alli MacDonnell, Lisa Peters and Ally Garvey, stepped out to popular nightclub Howl at the Moon last night for the summer party to launch the new BBQ terrace.
VIP guests enjoyed drinks, music, fun and a special Howl at the Moon Hot In The City BBQ on the night.
A Cuban band was there to get the party started.
- UP-and-coming actress Sarah Bolger was in town last night to open Polish artist Kataryna Gawjeska's new show, Icon In The Making.
Taking pride of place is an impressive portrait of Sarah herself, alongside other well-known stars, including Lady GaGa.
The event took place at the Origin Gallery on Harcourt Street.
- EXCITEMENT is building ahead of the arrival of some of Hollywood's biggest names next week when the cast of new comedy Grown Ups jets into town to attend its Irish premiere on Tuesday night.
Among the A-list celebs who will be lining out on the red-carpet will be stars Salma Hayek, Kevin James, David Spade, Chris Rock and Adam Sandler.
The glitzy red carpet event will take place at the Savoy cinema on O'Connell Street, Dublin.
- THIS year's Ceili Culture event will be officially launched at a VIP bash in Buck Whaley's nightclub next Tuesday, July 27.
Guests can look forward to live performances on the night, as well as a selection of Dominos pizza and pints.
The two-day festival of Irish roots and contemporary music, will take place on August 14 and 15, at Dublin's Meeting House Square, in Temple Bar, with performers including Kila, Paddy Casey, the Sharon Shannon Big Band, Shane MacGowan and Damien Dempsey.
- MOVIE buffs will be treated to the Irish premiere of Fritz Lang's restored sci-fi epic Metropolis at the National Concert Hall when it takes to the stage accompanied by a live orchestra.
The monumental silent film classic has not been seen since by Irish audiences since 1927 and will accompanying a season of Fritz Lang films at the IFI.
A newly adapted music score for salon orchestra under the direction of conductor Helmut Imig, based on the original score of 1927, will accompany the National Concert Hall special screening, making it a unique event.
The event takes place on Saturday, September 4.
- A select number of media insiders will be whisked to Sligo next month to join Sheila Gray, the general manager of the Clarion Hotel, for a day out at Ladies Day.
The Clarion Hotel, Sligo, is the official sponsor of this year's event, with Tipperary beauty Andrea Roche on hand to act as a judge on the day.
The style event will take place on Thursday, August 5.